Liv hasn’t seen Sebastian since he walked out of her life five years ago. When she accepted her internship in London, she never dreamed their paths would cross again. Not when Sebastian is a celebrity, a singer in one of the most popular boy bands of all times. Living in the same city, their worlds couldn’t be farther apart. But when two people are destined to be together, they can’t outrun fate.
*Note from author: Due to mature content, this novel is recommended to readers 18+
We first begin the story with Olivia, aka. Liv. She sees the man on television, who left her broken hearted 5 years-ago. We flash back five years prior when the Sebastian (aka Bas) and Liv were in high school. They were best friends and next-door-neighbors. She had a major crush on him. The only way she could find out if Bas has feelings for her was to make him 1) Jealous and 2) ask him to teach her how to kiss.It was quit clever on her part. After that, they were inseparable. The week before Liv’s 16th birthday, a terrible thing happened to Bas. This causes him to enter a dark emotional place. Do to the emotional baggage he can’t lift off him, he moves to England with his family. He doesn’t even speak to Liv or say goodbye; he just up and leaves. WHAT THE HELL! I mean if the love of your life just leaves without a word, who wouldn’t free fall into depression.
We get glimpse of things that happened in between those 5 years. Other relationships, drugs, alcohol, fame, college, etc. When Liv and Bas cross paths in England everything hits the fan! Now he is on a mission to win her back. I am glad Liv doesn’t make it easy for him. She makes him work for her affection.
My heart broke when she collapsed and said, “Why did you leave me?” Sista WE ALL WANTED TO TRULY KNOW! He was so selfish and only had tunnel vision when he left and he couldn’t see what was right in front of him.
What I enjoyed about the book.
- We have dual POV from Liv and Bas. This allows us to see some of the same situations from both of their perspectives.
- Oliver and Saylor. They are not only the comic relief many times, but also the support system for our 2 protagonist. I am glad the author is writing a story about them that will be released sometime next year. She gives us a little taste of their relationship at the end of the book. A mini preview from Oliver.
- Lloyd our openly gay awesome co-worker/friend, who ends up gets his heart stepped on by a closet gay. Poor guy! But true story right there.
- I like that we get real life issues. They both have personal barriers to overcome. Bas more than anyone. I wanted to throttle him so many times.
What I would like from the author
1. A book about what happened after the happily ever after. I mean there has to be some type of crazy stuff. Bas is still famous even after he left the band. Yeah he is going to UCLA, but then what?
2. DEREK! I would LOVE to have a story about him. I bet he was devastated about the loss of Liv. He proclaims his love for her and she just leaves him hanging there. What happened to him? Did he become bitter? Did he ever go after her? I would love to know more about him.
I am giving Wonderwall 5 STARS!
I hope you enjoy it as much as I di