Provided by goodreads.com
There comes a point in your life where you have to say enough is enough.
I wasted my college years on a guy who played with my head, played with my heart. I was blinded by the fairytale, the one that didn’t exist.
The day I gave up on the idea of happily ever after, my focus became me. Moving forward and establishing my career.
Until one day…
I didn’t expect him. My new boss, a six foot two, inked rock god. I believed I was working for the record label, I was wrong.
It’s impossible for me to keep my distance, believe me I’ve tried. He’s not who I expected him to be. He’s so much more he’s…Emphatic
18 and over audience
Okay, I have read ALL of Kaylee Ryan’s books. So Obviously I really like her writing and story-lines. One thing I liked about this book was Kacen wasn’t a player or bad boy. To many time she has her books that are about bad-boys turned good because they find their women. This one was totally not that, the guy was actually a really good guy. He had just a hard looking exterior because he didn’t want people to use him for his fame and wealth. I think we can all appreciate that. This one has bumped up to my number 2 slot of favorite by Kaylee Ryan. Anywhere with You
Order of Favorite Kaylee Ryan Books
What were my favorite things about this book compared to some of the other ones…
1) Kacen and Logan were not all about having sex. They allowed each other to grow emotionally once they realized that they had to work with one another. I think it was endearing that they really tried to be professional for as long as they possible could.
2) Trip to Hawaii! Hell Yea! A girlfriend get away. I totally did this with my best friend. We both just broke up with our boyfriends and needed to get away from everyone. So we packed up one of our cars and drove 4 hours north to Santa Barbra Beach! Stay for a few days and had so much fun. All girl pals have to do something like that at least once!
3) Rock band. I think it is fun to read about the life of a rock star. I want to know how Kacen didn’t get noticed while in Hawaii. I mean that would have blown his cover.
4. Stacy, Gavin, Cole and Tristan! Best Friends Ever!
5. The wooing… Heart, and Flowers and Holding Hands! I love all that!
I really liked Logan’s drama with her screwed up ex-boyfriend of 3 years. Let me just tell you, the guy Daniel was a moron. What girl wouldn’t figure out what he was doing? Seriously? He was a douche! I am SO glad Kaylee Ryan had a chapter regarding the two of them at the end. Closure is always needed and I HATE IT when author’s write a standalone and leave out an important part like that. I seriously was so happy that Daniel and Logan met-up and had a dialogue about their past. Closure was needed. So THANK YOU KAYLEE for doing what I plead with other authors to do. It makes us, as readers, feel like we had all our questions answered. Now, my only biff is: another death? Really? I understand that death brings people together to moron the loss and shows who your friends and love ones really are, but common-on. I wasn’t ready for a death and funeral. I understand why we needed it in the story line, but does not mean I have to like it.
So here are my questions Kaylee Ryan: Are you going to have a book about Cole and Stacy? Gavin and Cassidy? What about hot brother Jace? You left it open-ended so you can write about them, but at the same time not HAVE TOO. You cleaver lady you… :) I get it, but let us hear about at least one of the other guys love lives. It could be fun…So here it is, Yes you should read this book. I will ALWAYS tell you to read a Kaylee Ryan novel, but there are ones that I will strongly encourage and others that are so so. This is worth the read.